Hostage - A hostage is a person or entity which is held by a captor. In contemporary usage, it means someone who is seized by a criminal abductor in order to compel another party such as a relative, employer, law enforcement, or government to act, or refrain from acting, in a particular way, often under threat of serious physical harm to the hostage(s) after expiration of an ultimatum.
PRE TRAVEL PLANNING / SECURITY BRIEFING
- We assist clients and their staff prior to travel or deployment to high risk areas with experienced based advice. We are also able to deliver female specific advice if required. We also provide an e-learning package to cover this area for busy travellers.
HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT AWARESNESS TRAINING (HEAT)
- Our HEAT courses are designed for those who will be deployed to hostile regions for short or long periods of time, and course duration can range from one to five days. The course equips participants with all the basic principles of safety and security, as well as necessary first aid skills. All training and briefings will be location and task specific wherever possible.
HOSTAGE AWARENESS BRIEFING
- This briefing can be delivered as a standalone course or as part of the HEAT course. The Hostage Awareness brief can be delivered in a minimum of two hours or as a half day workshop. This workshop has proved very successful and incorporates a former hostage as a guest speaker.
E-LEARNING FOCUSING ON PRE TRAVEL SECURITY AND HOSTAGE AWARENESS
- This technology makes expert briefing accessible to staff around the world and on the move, including to those mobilised at short notice. It can be customised to a client’s needs, operated on their or our eLearning platform (LMS), and has an advanced analytics package which can provide feedback via bespoke reports to the HR or security function.
SECURITY REVIEWS / AUDITS
- We undertake reviews and audits of existing security policies and protocols to identify and examines threats and risks to clients and ensures their mitigation strategy is appropriately focused and resourced. We work with senior managers, security directors, CEOs, and others to ensure that an organisations security resources are aligned to meet the core business aims of a client.
BUSINESS CONTINGENCY AND RESILIENCE PLANNING
- Such planning is critical in ensuring that essential operations can continue in the event of an interruption, and that damage to business reputation, and its employees, assets and commercial viability is kept to a minimum. Our consultants work with an organisation to identify the threats and risks which may be faced, and help in developing and implementing systems, policies and strategies. We can also establish and train teams to manage crises at all levels in an organisation.
CRISIS MANAGEMENT (INCLUDING K&R)
- We provide in-depth training to companies on the theory and practicalities of crisis management. From boardroom briefings through to the formation of policy and the establishment of crisis management teams and their testing in scenario training, DHSC will work closely with clients to ensure the design of an appropriate and effective crisis management system. Our consultants have specialist knowledge across a wide range of issues: fraud, terrorism, pandemic, extortion, worker activism and animal rights extremism.
INTELLIGENCE ADVISORY AND SUPPORT
- DHSC operates in association with a leading provider of security and intelligence advisory and support services, who work at the cutting edge of the latest defensive and offensive technologies, allowing the tailoring of relevant solutions to suit clients’ needs. We are able to offer the following services – Technology (TSCM, Cyber, IT infrastructure & Design, Data forensics, Access control, CCTV), Advisory (Audits, Compliance, Policy writing, Equipment supply chain, Supplier vetting, Consultancy), Intelligence (Covert surveillance, Technical, surveillance, Surveillance detection, Beaconry / Tracking, Due Diligence, Asset tracing) and an associated range of training.
RE-INTEGRATION POST A TRAUMATIC EVENT
- After a traumatic event or even a hostage release, individuals are likely to require support in recovering from their ordeal and reintegrating successfully back into society. We offer a range of expert advice including in the fields of psychology, life coaching, and former hostage mentors, who can provide advice during and after a crisis.
For more information on our services, please contact us via the website here or alternatively email email@example.com
Who needs this? High risk staff in the following:
- Non Governmental Organisations – those NGOs who are working in some of the more troubled countries around the world and want to protect their staff.
- Corporate staff – local or expat, who may find themselves in ahigh risk or life changing situation.
- High Net Worth Individuals – who feel they need the added reassurance that this training will give them.
- Maritime – Shipping companies looking to minimise the effect of the pirate threat on their crew’s wellbeing, and maritime security companies investing in their security operatives.